Wiki Mips

cindy_b

Best answers
Ok, I desperately need help. I have never done PQRS or any of that type stuff. We are currently getting the Medicare cut for not participating, but we want to avoid getting the extra 4% that is coming. We file our claims electronically. We are not on electronic medical records. We are going to do the Administrative Claim route, probably test, maybe partial year. I have no idea how to get started. I have read and read information, but I still do not know how the information is arrived at in order to enter the codes and submit to Medicare. I think I just have a mental block on how to proceed. Can anyone out there PLEASE tell me how to even begin? Does a nurse or doctor get the chart and tell me the measures to enter? And what does the "ID" of the measure mean?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cindy Chalk, CPC

MIPs reporting

I have found a vendor that makes MIPS reporting less traumatic.

Check out Covisint. Talk to Melissa Blom at 866 823 3958. She is very nice and will give you some useful info.

They charge around $399+ (depending on number of measures you need to report).

You are allowed to report just one measure and avoid the negative penalty.

Hope this helps.

Reporting one measure

Thank you!
I called the helpline for QPP at 866 288 8292. This is the support line for small practices, rural health clinics. They said to avoid negative payment to just report 1 measure for 1 patient with your claim and wait for N620 code in the EOB which means your measure is accepted. This is avoid the negative payment. I am planning to use Covisint because I'm doing the 90 day reporting to get our practice ready for next year.