Wiki Mock Specialty Exams?

dmaec

True Blue
Best answers
I've seen many request posts for mock 150 question CPC test - does anyone know if there is other study material, mock tests, etc. for the Specialty Exams? I have the specialty study guide for ortho, frankly I was hoping it would be a little "more" informational but it is what it is. Please email me or post if you have any info on mock tests for the specialty exams. I'd sure appreciate it.
thanks!
Donna
dmaec@mail.com

i am also interested in this i will be taking the E/M Auditor exam in Sept.
thank you

Treetoad - did you have the specialty guide for GENSG? was it comparable to the specialty exam? Did you have any other study aids? From the sounds of the specialty exam, I just feel that this specialty guide (ortho) is lacking the necessary information to help conquer the exam! Please share any info on your specialty exam experience, I'd be interested to know :) They're only 75 questions, but I assume they're a monster to pass!
thanks!
Donna
dmaec@mail.com

Donna-I didn't have a problem at all with the General Surgery specialty exam. I've been working in a multi-specialty practice for 3 1/2 years. I got the study guide, which was very helpful to me. I realized that I was doing pretty well in that area. After taking that test in April, I got the ortho exam study guide. Although I feel pretty comfortable with most of the orthopedic coding I do, I was rather terrified when I looked through the study guide. I work in a hospital-based practice. Radiology, in particular, is something that we don't code a lot of because the hospital radiology department charges for those services and the radiologists interpret the findings. Where we code for so many different specialties, I would like to have as many of the specialty certifications as I can get. When I look at that ortho study guide, I feel like I'm really in for it.

Treetoad, that's good to know. I felt the ortho study guide was "basic" but then I do code radiology, and have for about 4 1/2 years. Though I work as a multi specialty outpatient physician coder we did a lot of the hospital coding, xrays, scans, ER-dept, same day admits, etc, along with the physician clinic visits. But, we had different coders that did all the surgery and npatient coding. I guess it depends on what we're familiar with! :) I just wish there were more study materials for the specialty exams available! I recently started a new position, different facility - tomorrow, I start to doing hospital outpatient surgery coding and I must say, I'm a bit nervous - I think I'll order that specialty guide for a little extra boost! I plan to take the ortho test in Sept (or Nov)...OR, maybe in Sept AND again in Nov! LOL lets hope not! Good luck to you on yours,
Donna