Wiki Moderna Bivalent COVID Vaccine 6 months and up

KGETGEN

Contributor
Best answers
Has any one received guidance as to coding the administration fee for the new Moderna vaccine?
I have been told CPT 91314 for the serum.
This new vaccine can be drawn up for the 0.25 dose, 0.50 dose and even the 0.05 dose.
The only admin fee code I am seeing is 0144A (Booster) but this is for the 0.25 dose.

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Has any one received guidance as to coding the administration fee for the new Moderna vaccine?
I have been told CPT 91314 for the serum.
This new vaccine can be drawn up for the 0.25 dose, 0.50 dose and even the 0.05 dose.
The only admin fee code I am seeing is 0144A (Booster) but this is for the 0.25 dose.

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

The AMA updated the COVID-19 CPT vaccine and immunization codes page on March 23rd. It includes an updated Appendix Q for the vaccines.

You can get the full Appendix Q on the AMA website here: https://www.ama-assn.org/practice-management/cpt/covid-19-cpt-vaccine-and-immunization-codes

(Edit to add: I'd expect this link to continue to have updated CPTs as they become available, so that's where I'd keep an eye out.)

Last edited:
The AMA updated the COVID-19 CPT vaccine and immunization codes page on March 23rd. It includes an updated Appendix Q for the vaccines.

You can get the full Appendix Q on the AMA website here: https://www.ama-assn.org/practice-management/cpt/covid-19-cpt-vaccine-and-immunization-codes

(Edit to add: I'd expect this link to continue to have updated CPTs as they become available, so that's where I'd keep an eye out.)
Yes, I have this bookmarked on my browser. Just wasn't sure if any one had other information.
Our office just received these vaccines and will be using them soon.

Thank you for your time!

Yes, I have this bookmarked on my browser. Just wasn't sure if any one had other information.
Our office just received these vaccines and will be using them soon.

Thank you for your time!

Ah, I see!

I noticed a press release stating that the FDA approval date was April 18th, so hopefully that means there will be another AMA update soon.