Wiki Moderna Vaccine Admin

bgrasson

Networker
Best answers
hi everyone-we've been given the moderna vaccine to administer- what admin code would we use 0011A or can we bill 90471. I am a bit confused.

The new codes were developed specifically for the Covid vaccines. 0011A is for the first dose of Moderna, and 0012A for second dose of Moderna vaccine. As currently you are not purchasing the vaccine, you should not bill for the vaccine itself (or bill with a penny if your system will not recognize no fee).

The new codes were developed specifically for the Covid vaccines. 0011A is for the first dose of Moderna, and 0012A for second dose of Moderna vaccine. As currently you are not purchasing the vaccine, you should not bill for the vaccine itself (or bill with a penny if your system will not recognize no fee).
Thank you- are there fees associated with the 0011A and 0012A?

Thank you- are there fees associated with the 0011A and 0012A?
No one sets your fees but you. Yes, you can bill the insurance company for the administration of the vaccine. I don't know anyone who is doing that right now; everyone I know is doing more of a "we're all in this together".

The reimbursement for just the administration would probably cost you just as much to code it, bill it, and track it as you would get for it - meaning it wouldn't be worth it.