Wiki Modifier 22 on x-ray

08pancho

Contributor
Best answers
I need some help. I work for ER facility . I have some x-rays that have 5 views for Femur but 73550 goes only up to 2 views and also 73030 shoulder has up to 2 views but patient had 3 views. Can i add modifier 22 and increase the amount?
:confused:

so even is they did more views than what we can code how will they get paid extra? is there any websites i can find information?

Coding Data Analyst/CPC

That would be an inappropriate use of modifier 22. This modifier is intended for especially difficult or time consuming procedures, most commonly on surgical claims. This is also for physician reporting only. These codes are correct for these Radiology services.

so even is they did more views than what we can code how will they get paid extra? is there any websites i can find information?

But you did not do more than what you can code. The code says exactly what you did which is a minimum of 2 views. There is no way to justify more reimbursement on this.

That would be an inappropriate use of modifier 22. This modifier is intended for especially difficult or time consuming procedures, most commonly on surgical claims. This is also for physician reporting only. These codes are correct for these Radiology services.

i am confused first you said its inappropriate but at the end you say is correct for Radiology :confused: