• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Modifier -25 for Radiology

ugocodergirl

Best answers
Can you please let me know if your practice adds a -25 in the physician office/clinic setting when an xray is done in the office. As a remote/traveling coder all of the clinics I've coded for have not applied a -25; but now I'm coding in a hospital with managers that are well informed, and they state that office setting is different from outpatient. I know that in out patient if the procedure has an X or A status indicator it's not necessary, and the codes are usually appended to S or T procedures. Can you please include a source? I read the CMS info that included a -25 with radiology, but it also included another procedure. Wouldn't the work done by the physician be picked up with the -26? Please help me; I really lkie to stay updated on the most updated info. Does adding the -25 increase the revenue?

Last edited: