Wiki Modifier ?

TiffanyNH

Best answers
Hi I work as a Billing Manager for a Chiropractor and I am wondering if someone may be able to help out with a modifier/coding question. I am trying to find out what the guidelines are or the way I should bill correctly in regards to a code. 97110 is a code we use for Rehab exercises and my ? is this, if we have different levels of this Rehab exercise for example 1, 2, 3 but for what ever reason the pt has to do two different levels of rehab exercise say 1 and 3 how would I bill for that because it is the same code? Isn't there a modifier or certain code that I need to list to show that these are two different services? Thanks for any help you might be able to give....

Tiffany:eek:

97110 is a time based code if I remember correctly. check this CMS website it should give you what you are looking for.

Guidelines for reporting length of time/beginning and ending time of PT timed codes can be found in Pub. 100-04, Medicare Claims Processing Manual, Chapter 5, §20.2

here is also a link that I found with some good resources.

http://www.umd.nycpic.com/cgi-bin/b...pb200409/6.6?SHELF=BULLETIN&DT=20040831203153