Wiki Modifying factors determinaton

ljones88

Networker
Best answers
Hi all,

Our physician documented an HPI that I pasted directly below. My question is this: Would the statement "Symptoms are not improved by humidified air, sitting up and cough drops," count towards a modifying factor?

"History of Present Illness
Cough:
XXX presents with complaints of gradual onset of intermittent episodes of moderate cough, described as hacking and loose. Episodes started weeks ago. His symptoms are caused by no known event. Symptoms are not improved by humidified air, sitting up and cough drops. Associated symptoms include dyspnea, runny nose, stuffy nose and postnasal drainage, but no wheezing, no fever and no sore throat."

Hi all,

Our physician documented an HPI that I pasted directly below. My question is this: Would the statement "Symptoms are not improved by humidified air, sitting up and cough drops," count towards a modifying factor?

"History of Present Illness
Cough:
XXX presents with complaints of gradual onset of intermittent episodes of moderate cough, described as hacking and loose. Episodes started weeks ago. His symptoms are caused by no known event. Symptoms are not improved by humidified air, sitting up and cough drops. Associated symptoms include dyspnea, runny nose, stuffy nose and postnasal drainage, but no wheezing, no fever and no sore throat."

Yes - those are modifying factors!