Wiki MonkeyPox - Modifications and Rule Changes

Best answers
Hi All- As we all are aware Monkeypox Codes for vaccine and administration are out . I am looking for scenarios where - How Providers can be creative in abusing the MonkeyPox Code ? I am thinking by multiplying Supply codes or Telemed services . If you have any idea please share ...

Also I read this yesterday -- "HHS is going to make certain funding available to respond to emergency to modify certain medicare, medicaid and other health program rules to make items and services more readily available appoint temporary personnel to deal directly with emergency and changes rules around telemedicine".

I am aware that we have no data yet....All I am trying to proactive before we hit by bus .

Thanks
Vani Sahni

Hi Vani Sahni:)
Ahh abusing the Monkeypox 🐒 ? Umm I know it is a skin condition of contagious nasty rashes and sores some related to sex related disease mostly HIV folks. Dx B04 will be used if positive lab results. Also noticed it can be or might be listed with the health status patients listed with B20 and A63 disease. In telehealth process maybe docs or providers use it as way to check or follow up on dx B04 🐒or renew prescriptions dx Z76 but they will have to list reason why pt. returning. All the minutes, documentation and rationale, list of dx or assessments must be noted in day treatment with telehealth VVC or phone call. But some providers might not list the dx B04 with pts having current dx B20 or any STD. I know that is wrong not to document in list of assessments .

Lady T:)

Last edited:
Hi Vani Sahni:)
Ahh abusing the Monkeypox 🐒 ? Umm I know it is a skin condition of contagious nasty rashes and sores some related to sex related disease mostly HIV folks. Dx B04 will be used if positive lab results. Also noticed it can be or might be listed with the health status patients listed with B20 and A63 disease. In telehealth process maybe docs or providers use it as way to check or follow up on dx B04 🐒or renew prescriptions dx Z76 but they will have to list reason why pt. returning. All the minutes, documentation and rationale, list of dx or assessments must be noted in day treatment with telehealth VVC or phone call. But some providers might not list the dx B04 with pts having current dx B20 or any STD. I know that is wrong not to document in list of assessments .

Lady T:)
Thank you !