• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

multiple adjacent tissue transfer

tmgexp1@yahoo.com

Networker
Messages
37
Location
Boardman, OH
The doc does two adjacent tissue transfers on the leg, one measuring 8x6, the second one 11x4. Should I use 14301 and 14301-51 or use modifier 59 for the second one? I am not sure which modifier would be more helpful in getting this paid. thanks!
 
If you are only choosing one, I would choose the -59 modifier, to show that they were two completely separate procedure areas (if that is the case). Depending on the insurance company, I have actually used the two modifiers together. Of course, you will probably need to send in an op note to back up your coding with documentation.
 
Top