Wiki MULTIPLE TRIMESTER/MULTIPLE WEEKS GESTATION ICD-10

Best answers
I have a question on the following:
I'm billing for split antepartum care and need to assign multiple trimester codes from chapter 15.
Guidelines: If the patient is admitted to the hospital during one trimester and then discharged after entering a subsequent trimester, the trimester when the condition developed would be selected.
I understand this.
My question is if i need to also assign icd-10 codes for each week of gestation per trimester, i.e. Z3a.XX. I would think this would deny with multiple O-codes/trimesters?
Example:
Other malformation of placenta, third trimester O43.193, Z3A.36
Supervision of other high risk pregnancies, first trimester O09.891, Z3a.08

This guideline is for hospital stays. The patient is admitted during pregnancy for some reason, let's say placenta previa with hemorrhage. Condition started at 27 wk 3 days, so second trimester. She is discharged at 28 wk 1 day, so third trimester. You would use O44.12, z3a.28. If you are billing antepartum care, this guideline is not applicable.

This guideline is for hospital stays. The patient is admitted during pregnancy for some reason, let's say placenta previa with hemorrhage. Condition started at 27 wk 3 days, so second trimester. She is discharged at 28 wk 1 day, so third trimester. You would use O44.12, z3a.28. If you are billing antepartum care, this guideline is not applicable.
So if the patient has multiple diagnosis discovered in multiple trimesters, i would code the chapter 15 O-codes and not associate the gestation? All O-codes are 'code also' for weeks of gestation? Would i only code the week of gestation depending on the date i'm billing? Scenario above ^^

So if the patient has multiple diagnosis discovered in multiple trimesters, i would code the chapter 15 O-codes and not associate the gestation? All O-codes are 'code also' for weeks of gestation? Would i only code the week of gestation depending on the date i'm billing? Scenario above ^^
If you are billing antepartum care, you would bill whatever weeks of gestation they were on the date of the final prenatal visit, and the trimester character would match whatever trimester that was in. So if the above patient delivered at 36 wks and her last prenatal was also at 36 wks, using your codes, you would bill O43.193, O09.893, z3a.36

If you are billing antepartum care, you would bill whatever weeks of gestation they were on the date of the final prenatal visit, and the trimester character would match whatever trimester that was in. So if the above patient delivered at 36 wks and her last prenatal was also at 36 wks, using your codes, you would bill O43.193, O09.893, z3a.36
So i would not code the different trimesters and weeks of gestation according to when the diagnosis was discovered? Only the trimester associated with her last date of care?