Wiki Myelogram by C1-C2 or posterior fossa injection and imaging code

BrettAAPC

Networker
Best answers
I've been somewhat confused when trying to determine what the complete code is for injection and imaging of a myelography via an injection at C1-C2 or the posterior fossa.

According to my coding companion, the correct code would be 6230X (Myelography via lumbar injection, including radiological supervision and interpretation)

Obviously, based on the code description, this code would not make sense if the injection is via C1-C2 or posterior fossa.

The only other option I could think would be to code 61055 (injection) and 722XX (imaging together) -- there are no CCI bundles so that is a possibility.

Does anyone have any ideas here?

Myelogram

--if myelogram performed via lumbar puncture with digital imaging of spine, then we can use 6230x according to the region of spine visualized.Based on documentation CT spine with contrast can be reported separately.

--if myelogram performed via lumbar puncture w/o digital imaging of spine(only fluoro guidance), then we can use 62284 and 77003.Based on documentation CT spine with contrast can be reported separately.

--if myelogram performed via cervical puncture with digital imaging of spine, then we can use 61055 and 7224X according to the region of spine visualized.Based on documentation CT spine with contrast can be reported separately.

--if myelogram performed via cervical puncture w/o digital imaging of spine(only fluoro guidance), then we can use 61055 and 77003.Based on documentation CT spine with contrast can be reported separately.

--If more than one anatomical level is evaluated, S&I code 72270 or 62305 must be reported.

Suraj S N CPC-A,CIRCC

Last edited: