Wiki Myocutaneous flap placement

Best answers
If the surgeon does not use one of the named vascular Pedicles (buccinators, genioglossus, temporalis, masseter, sternocleidomastoid, or levator scapulae) and for example uses the platysmal muscle for left lower eyelid myocutaneous flap placement with donor site of upper eyelid would the correct code be 14060?

If the surgeon does not use one of the named vascular Pedicles (buccinators, genioglossus, temporalis, masseter, sternocleidomastoid, or levator scapulae) and for example uses the platysmal muscle for left lower eyelid myocutaneous flap placement with donor site of upper eyelid would the correct code be 14060?
I believe that is correct, but I think it's something you might want to discuss with your physician. I know that UnitedHealthcare in particular has recently been strict about this (and may even have a written policy) and in the past would retract payment for a myocutaneous flap code if the documentation did not support that the physician did the work of vascular preservation. However, this has been rather controversial, as I recall.