Wiki Need a good Cardio Thoracic Coding Education source

dloranger

New
Best answers
Hi,
Can anyone suggest a good education source for Cardio Thoracic Coding?
I'm an experienced Cardiology coder, but new to Cardiothoracic coding.
My Thoracic surgeons do a lot of lung procedures, some hernia repairs, some esophagectomies for cancers, mediastinum mass removals, etc.
Would just like some sources for learning the ins and outs.
Thanks in advance! :)

Just an FYI....If you have a opportunity to go to the Society of Thoracic Surgeon (STS) coding seminars, they are great!!! I try to go every other year, the're held in a different location every year. This year is in Hollywood, CA, usually in November. It can be a bit pricey but definitely worth it!! Depending upon your relationship with your CT surgeons and/or hospital they may even "chip in" for the seminar itself. It really doesn't hurt to ask. You ARE trying to be accurate and bring the most appropriate RVU's for your surgeon.....I've been to about 4 seminars (they're about 2 1/2 days long) and I ALWAYS learn something new and there is always someone on the "panel" that will get an answer to any question you have! Let me tell you, I have a list ready to roll when I go!

I know coding thoracic is a bit tricky in the beginning but you'll do just great with your Cardiology background. "Just keep swimming" as Dori says :)

Hope this helps,
D. Vance, CPC, CCVTC

Hi,
Can anyone suggest a good education source for Cardio Thoracic Coding?
I'm an experienced Cardiology coder, but new to Cardiothoracic coding.
My Thoracic surgeons do a lot of lung procedures, some hernia repairs, some esophagectomies for cancers, mediastinum mass removals, etc.
Would just like some sources for learning the ins and outs.
Thanks in advance! :)

check https://zhealthpublishing.com/coding-products

Specialty references
Seminars
Webinars