Wiki Need a help in Surgical procedure

Jayashree s

Best answers
Preoperative Diagnosis:
Previously infected umbilical cyst/urachal cyst with no midline urachal remnant
Procedure: Resection of umblical/urachal cyst
Short note on procedure: Patient was given general anesthesia. The belly was prepped and draped in usual fashion. A semicircular incision was created in suprapubical location and sharp dissection was taken down to the level of fascia. The umbilical cyst was easily visualized and dissected free of the umbilicus itself. The cystic structure did not go below the fascia and there was no communication subfascially. Fascia was completely intact. The cyst was removed from its surrounding subcutaneous tissue and its attachment to the umbilicus and sent for pathological evaluation. The surgical site was closed with 2 layer closure.

Help me getting the CPT code. I feel the code should be 51500. However I am getting response to code 11403.

Preoperative Diagnosis:
Previously infected umbilical cyst/urachal cyst with no midline urachal remnant
Procedure: Resection of umblical/urachal cyst
Short note on procedure: Patient was given general anesthesia. The belly was prepped and draped in usual fashion. A semicircular incision was created in suprapubical location and sharp dissection was taken down to the level of fascia. The umbilical cyst was easily visualized and dissected free of the umbilicus itself. The cystic structure did not go below the fascia and there was no communication subfascially. Fascia was completely intact. The cyst was removed from its surrounding subcutaneous tissue and its attachment to the umbilicus and sent for pathological evaluation. The surgical site was closed with 2 layer closure.

Help me getting the CPT code. I feel the code should be 51500. However I am getting response to code 11403.

They are directing you to the Integumentary System code because the cyst was not below the fascia so it is a benign subcutaneous cyst