Wiki NEED covering dx for peripheral nerve block of internal branch of laryngeal nerve

Best answers
Dr did 64450 and billed woth dx for cough R05.8, medicare denied for lcd and the only other dx we have is TMJ and nasal obstruction.

Indication for procedure is chronic neuropathic cough due to superior laryngeal nerve neuropathy and i am having the hardest time finding a dx for this

please helpl
TIA

The superior laryngeal nerve is a branch of the vagus nerve, hopefully this will help in pointing you to the right code. No guarantee the code you land on will meet LCD guidelines.

Hi Tiaralady6466
I would use the primary dx code use the G52.1 Glossopharyngeal Nerve which is 12 the cranial nerve in the neck goes to base of tongue & is affected by swallowing. Also check out dx code of J39,8 Upper Respiratory DO or K22.2 Esophageal stenosis, or dx. I85 Varcies/nerves in the esophagus if it applies. Does the patient smoke at all? If he or she does add the proper dx code of past HO dx code of Z87.891 or current history of smoking Z72.00 or dx F17.200 depends on doc s note.
I hope this data helps you
Lady T:)

Hi Tiaralady6466
I would use the primary dx code use the G52.1 Glossopharyngeal Nerve which is 12 the cranial nerve in the neck goes to base of tongue & is affected by swallowing. Also check out dx code of J39,8 Upper Respiratory DO or K22.2 Esophageal stenosis, or dx. I85 Varcies/nerves in the esophagus if it applies. Does the patient smoke at all? If he or she does add the proper dx code of past HO dx code of Z87.891 or current history of smoking Z72.00 or dx F17.200 depends on doc s note.
I hope this data helps you
Lady T:)
thank you