Wiki Need cpt code for facet fusion?

dhunter

Contributor
Best answers
Need help coding the following case PLEASE.....

Postoperative diagnosis: Spondylolisthesis: 738.4

Placed prone on a jackson table. Using C-arm fluoroscopy identified the L4 and L5 pedicles. An incision was made bilaterally using a Wiltse approach to the facets and pedicles of L4 and L5. Then under C arm guidance, jamshidi needles were used to identify the pedicles. K wires were then placed within all 4 of the pedicles and verified under C arm. We then dilated up around the L4-L5 facet and using a tube, we were able to bur out the facet and place 1cc of Osteocel in each facet for a facet fusion.

We then placed our screws over the K wires and did this again under fluoroscopic guidance and used 40 mm rods and set screws to lock them down.Once we had finished all this the tabs were broken off of the percutaneous screws and final pictures were taken. Closed her back with 0 vicryl, 2-0 vicryl and 4-0 monocryl. Sterile dressings were placed.

Not sure on how to bill out the facet fusion?

Any help would be much appreciated:):)

Have you looked at 0202T? I'm not sure where you are from but I did some research and found BC of MN policy on Facet Arthroplasty: http://notes.bluecrossmn.com/web/medpolman.nsf/50c2d5c81dd37e6a862569bd0054c1b2/3cb936429fcceb048625767700739340/$FILE/Facet%20Arthroplasty.pdf

This might be a good starting point for you.

Have you looked at 0202T? I'm not sure where you are from but I did some research and found BC of MN policy on Facet Arthroplasty: http://notes.bluecrossmn.com/web/medpolman.nsf/50c2d5c81dd37e6a862569bd0054c1b2/3cb936429fcceb048625767700739340/$FILE/Facet%20Arthroplasty.pdf

This might be a good starting point for you.

No, I didn't think about that code. Thanks for giving me a starting point.
Your help on this is greatly appreciated.
Have you had to code this procedure out before?

No, I didn't think about that code. Thanks for giving me a starting point.
Your help on this is greatly appreciated.
Have you had to code this procedure out before?

Actually that code is for a Facet arthroplasty not facet fusion.:(

I'm not sure but I think 22612-Arthrodesis, posterior or postero lateral technique, single level; Lumbar, may support for this facet joint fusion.

Regards,
Natarajan