Wiki Need CPT for scar revision forearm

RebeccaMoney

Expert
Best answers
Are 131__ codes still for scar revision? I'm looking at 13120 for the attached scar revision. If so, then I realize that it bundles with 26055 which is the primary CPT for this surgery. Would someone please look at the attached op note and give me your opinion? Thank you,

Attachments

• SCAR REVISION.pdf
    49.1 KB · Views: 9
If you are to code excision of scar you need to query for a size.
I am learning towards a debridement of sub q (above fasica) due to documentation that subq was debrided, fascia/muscle irrigated.
Also note that it mentions EXTENSIVE TRACKING OF SUBQ SCAR DOWN TO FASICA (debridement)
The excision of cutaneous scar would be a part of the debridement.
To get there revision/release, scar, other, debridement of skin/subq, then subq, size (note this is through an encoder)
Query for size of debridement
11042 is for the first 20 sq cm

If you are to code excision of scar you need to query for a size.
I am learning towards a debridement of sub q (above fasica) due to documentation that subq was debrided, fascia/muscle irrigated.
Also note that it mentions EXTENSIVE TRACKING OF SUBQ SCAR DOWN TO FASICA (debridement)
The excision of cutaneous scar would be a part of the debridement.
To get there revision/release, scar, other, debridement of skin/subq, then subq, size (note this is through an encoder)
Query for size of debridement
11042 is for the first 20 sq cm
I didn't even think about debridement codes but agree with you. Thank you very much.