Wiki Need experience in medical billing

There are a couple of different options for getting some experience in Medical Billing. One option is to "intern" or volunteer in a local facility or providers office to gain experience. Another option is to apply for a lower a position within a facility or office such as registration, clerical, etc. and once in the door work your way towards assisting in these areas to gain experience.

Another option is to sign up with a local temporary agency that specializes in Medical Billing. They will be able to help place for you for temp, temp to perm, etc type positions that will help you again experience.

Good luck!

AAPC - Practicode

I have passed the program myself and will be seeking a job too. Just need to pass boards now. But as long as you passed a recognized class, that counts as 1 year experience, if you do AAPC's practicode, that counts towards the second year to drop off the apprenticeship status from your licensing. My only other suggestion is try to attend your local chapters coding meetings and network, they may not be able to offer you any jobs, but they may be able to tell you where to look for what you need.