Need hellp with foot coding

jriley01

Contributor
Best answers
My doctor is billing 28120, 27630-59 and 27612-59 for the surgery. I'm just not so sure because to me we need to bill an achilles repair code. Can someone please help me and explain?
op report:
This is a 60-year-old female with longstanding achilles enthesiopathy. She is status post endoscopic debridement of her haglund deformity in Jan 2009.
After identification of bony landmarks, centrally based incision measurig approximately 5cm in length was made along the Achilles. Dissecton was carried down through the copious scar tissue where the Achilles tendon was split. Achilles tendon was elevated medially and laterally taking care to assure that small portion of the Achilles was still left attached on extreme medial and lateral portions. exostectomy was performed. Fluroscopy was brought in and bone decompression appeared to be appropriate. Bony edges were smoothed. Wound was irrigated with sterile antibiotic saline. The tendon was debrided such that approximately 50-60% of the tendon still remained. Therefore, decision was made against long flexor tendon transfer. Suture bridges were brought in and repair was affected using standard technique. Split in the tendon was repaired using comminution of #2FiberWire with buried knots as well as 2-0 Viicryl suture. All was irrigated with sterile antibiotic saline. Tension was cheked and found to be appropriate. The subcutaneous tissues were closed using 3-0 Monocryl sutre followed by 4-0 nylon interrupted horixontal mattress suture for the skin. Sterile compressiev dressing was next applied followed by a well -padded short leg splint with ankle held in neutral.

Thank you in advance for the help!!