Wiki Need Help Clarifying Breast Excision - CPT 19125 or 19120??

Best answers
We need help deciding between CPT 19125 or CPT 19120 for the following scenario:

The patient came in our facility with a clip that was placed a few days prior in ANOTHER facility. Our radiology did verify clip placement.
The surgeon did an excision of a fibroadenoma of the breast with the clip still in place.

We are uncertain which CPT is appropriate because CPT codebook does not clarify 19125 stating this procedure is done WITH or WITHOUT clip placement at the time of procedure; and there was a clip present that we did not place.

We were leaning towards using 19125 since it does not really clarify that we had to place the clip, but the clip was there.... but we would like to see if anyone has any thoughts that could help figure this out.

We looked at a few CPT assistants and could not get a good answer there or at least on the ones we were viewing.

Thanks!:D

Thanks for responding! I initially thought 19120 since it was worded as a "fibroadenoma" as well, but then when I saw there was a clip in place and the code below it mentioned excision with a marker placed I was second guessing.