Wiki Need help coding EMG's

pajohnson

Guru
Best answers
Here is the EMG, What are the proper codes to use...... Please and thank you in advance.
CLINICAL INDICATIONS: This is a 48 year old woman with history of neck pain and stiffness. Bilateral hand numbness.

NERVE CONDUCTION STUDIES
Right median motor study: Distal latency 4.96 msec, distal amplitude 2.8 millivolts, nerve conduction velocity 49 msec, F wave 48 msec.

Right ulnar motor study: Distal latency 3.2 msec, distal amplitude 7.37 mv, nerve conduction velocity NR distally: 48 msec, F waves: 51.

Right median sensory study: Peak latency 2.49 msec, amplitude 36.1 microvolts.

Right ulnar sensory study: Peak latency 1.87 msec, amplitude 31.7 microvolts.

Left median motor study: Distal latency 4.12 msec, distal amplitude 15.9 millivolts, nerve conduction velocity 50 msec, F wave 49 msec.

Left ulnar motor study: Distal latency 3.42 msec, distal amplitude 8.25 microvolt, nerve conduction velocity distally 49 msec, F wave 50 msec.

Left median sensory study: Peak latency 2.247 msec, amplitude 65 microvolts.

Left ulnar sensory study: Peak latency 2 msec, distal amplitude 39 microvolts.

:confused:

There are several Emg Codes:

95870 - non- cranial nerves ( these are whay you listed)
95867/95968 - Cranial nerves usually Head / Neck / Cervical Spine (C 1-2-3)

Emg full study : I think the codes are
95960-95964 ??

I do not have access to my CPT book.

i was wondering how many 95903's there are and how many 95904's there are?? I have a co-worker who I believe is coding these wroing so I wanted other coders methods on how to code these......
Thanks for trying :)

Did they only do NCV studies (no EMG)? If all of the motor NCVs were F-waves, then I see it as:
95903 X 4
95904 X 4

That is what I was thinking . I was told to count the motor times it was performed and count the number of times the seneory was performed. Thanks so much... I just wanted to be sure I was doing it the correct way:)