Wiki Need help from a Radiology coder on the difference between 75574 and 75572.

kdoughty

Networker
Best answers
I've been asked to help make sure documentation meets the codes charged. We have a radiologist doing the test and our cardiologist interperting the report. The Radiologist also is putting findings on their report. The 2 codes they have used are 75574 and 75572. Any help would be appreciated as this is definatley not my area of expertise.
Thanks!

I've been asked to help make sure documentation meets the codes charged. We have a radiologist doing the test and our cardiologist interperting the report. The Radiologist also is putting findings on their report. The 2 codes they have used are 75574 and 75572. Any help would be appreciated as this is definatley not my area of expertise.
Thanks!

75574 includes coronary artery/bypass graft CTangiography. Is the radiologist billing only the TC (in an office/imaging center) and the cardiologist doing the interpretation (-26). Both cannot code the interpretation.

We are billing the -26. I'd have to research on the other end but I do know that we shouldn't be billing 2 interpretation fees.

As I'm looking at these 2 reports they look the same other than some variance in the technique but were coded differently. It won't let me copy and paste these reports. :(