Wiki Need help on coding

rnakahara

Contributor
Best answers
Please help on how to code the following procedures? We are trying to develop a process for our case managers and what procedures they would use for services provided. Can all services below codes separately? Thanks

1. Case managers gathers assessments
2. Psychiatric assessments
3. Case Manager prepares and bills for annual assessment
4. Case Manager meets with consumer as well as team members to draft plan.
5. Staff update required elements updated including update of dx by Psychiatrist prior to meeting.
6. Consumer, Psychiatrist, other invitees and case managers participate in Recovery Planning meeting to finalize the plan.

I am not entirely sure, but other than the psych assesment, I don't think any of these are really billable. I think those things would be what the staff are paid to do. However, I am not sure I understand the whole situation of what you have going on.

Thanks, these services are done by the case managers. What assessment codes can a case manager bill? Thanks, Raquel

I work for the Department of Defense. Our Case Managers are considered administrative personnel, although many of them are RNs or LPNs. All of our patients who receive care both on and off post are assigned a CM. The CM's main job is to coordinate care among the different providers, although in actuality they do a lot more. The only code they are allowed to use is T1016 - Case Management, each 15 minutes. The use of this code is strictly for statistical purposes to keep track of their time.

That is what we bill to the Med-Quest T1016 for our case managers here in Hawaii. I guess I can use the T codes for these services.

Thanks,
Raquel