Wiki Need help with Cath Stent code

Chelsea1

Guru
Best answers
Dr stented a patient in the ostium of the RCA. The occlusion is between the aorta and beginning of the RCA I believe. I am not sure if I should use a 92928-RC or if there is another code for this type of situation. I have never coded one like this before. The section of the report reads:
Then we noted he had significant atherosclerosis of the ostium of the RCA of around 90%. Pre-dilated and used a drug-eluting stent. We used 3.5 X 12mm to the ostium of the RCA. There was a clear evidence of ventricularization of the pressure due to significant lesion of 90% stenosis of the ostium of the RCA following predilation and placement of drug-eluting stent.

I appreciate any help!!!

I am assuming that you are billing for the doctor, so yes you are correct with 92928-RC. For hospitals, it's C9600-RC since he used a DES.
HTH,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC

I am assuming that you are billing for the doctor, so yes you are correct with 92928-RC. For hospitals, it's C9600-RC since he used a DES.
HTH,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC
Thank you Jim for your response. I noticed the True Blue Ann Arbor under your name. Are you a U of M coder? I am about 1 hour from there.
Thank you

No, I just retired from William Beaumont Hospital as a Interventional Radiology Technologist, and now I have been coding from home for Streamline MD. I live in Commerce, Mi
Thanks,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC