Wiki need help with repair code

Barbs63

Networker
Best answers
My Doctor did an orif of the clavicle, along with repair fo trapezius muscle.
I have the orif - 23515 but am stuck on cpt code for the muscle repair? Help anyone?
I looked under repair, claivicle ......any suggestions?:confused:

Trapezius repair with clavicle ORIF

My Doctor did an orif of the clavicle, along with repair fo trapezius muscle.
I have the orif - 23515 but am stuck on cpt code for the muscle repair? Help anyone?
I looked under repair, claivicle ......any suggestions?:confused:

I have the same question. The surgeon usually repairs the trapezius muscle, which has been buttonholed and lacerated by the high-impact clavicle fracture, when he does the ORIF. I want to know if this repair is included in the ORIF, and does that apply to fractures generally?

If it's not included, what code would apply? I don't see using 24341 (Repair, tendon or muscle, upper arm or elbow, each tendon or muscle, primary or secondary (excludes rotator cuff), because the trapezius muscle is located on the back, not the arm.

Can anyone suggest a resource that lists what procedures are included in the fracture codes?:confused:

Trapezius repair with clavicle ORIF

I have the same question. The surgeon usually repairs the trapezius muscle, which has been buttonholed and lacerated by the high-impact clavicle fracture, when he does the ORIF. I want to know if this repair is included in the ORIF, and does that apply to fractures generally?

If it's not included, what code would apply? I don't see using 24341 (Repair, tendon or muscle, upper arm or elbow, each tendon or muscle, primary or secondary (excludes rotator cuff), because the trapezius muscle is located on the back, not the arm.

Can anyone suggest a resource that lists what procedures are included in the fracture codes?:confused:
Did you ever get an answer to your question? I am not seeing any other information in forums to come to a conclusion?
Would appreciate your answer!