Wiki Need Help with some ICD10 Codes

Best answers
Hello Everyone!

Please, can someone clarify the following answers for me.

1) The patient has Intracranial injury without consciousness at work. The provider rule out intracranial injury and no other injuries were found.
which of the following is correct.
S06.9x0a or Z04.2?

I code Z04.2 because it's rule out and it happened at work.

2)patient has S/p Thyroidectomy because of cancer in 1994. No evidence of recurrence. patient has Acquired Hypothyroidism. My answer is
Eo3.9, Z85.850 OR E89.0, z85.850
my answer is E03.9, z85.850.

The patient hit stalled van on interstate highway.

Is there a External cause code for this specific type of car?
My answer is no.

If the provider ruled out the injury then yes the Z04 code. These codes are for ruled out not rule out.
If the hypothyroidism was a result of the surgery the use the postoperative hypothyroidism.
And yes the external cause codes do identify specifically a van vs an SUV vs sedan vs truck and so on.

1) According to the ICD-10 Book Z04

This category is to be used when a person without a diagnosis is suspected of having an abnormal condition, without signs or symptoms, which requires study, but after examination and observation, is ruled-out. This category is also for use for administrative and legal observation status.

I'd probably code to the symptoms if there were some before going for the Z code based on the info above

2) I like E89.0 better. I'm not seeing a restriction that says it has to be within a specific time frame from surgery.

3) I'd probably go with one of the traffic accident codes if your patients vehicle was moving at the time.

Examples:
V43.64XA - Car passenger injured in collision with van in traffic accident, initial encounter
V43.54XA - Car driver injured in collision with van in traffic accident, initial encounter

There's other codes if the patient was not in a car

I don't really like V47.62XA - fixed or stationary object in traffic accident since I think of that more of hitting a light post or crashing into a concrete barrier