Wiki need help with subclavian and mesentric angio

bhargavi

Guru
Best answers
PROCEDURES
1. Abdominal aortogram/mesenteric angiogram
2. Left subclavian angiogram.
3. 5 French minx vascular closure for right femoral artery access.

PROCEDURE NOTE
Informed consent was obtained after explaining risks and benefits to the patient. Right groin was draped and prepped in the sterile fashion. Patient was premedicated with fentanyl and Versed. After injecting 2% lidocaine in the right groin, right common femoral artery was accessed using micropuncture needle and a 5 French sheath was inserted without any difficulty. 5 French IM catheter was advanced and left subclavian angiogram was performed. A 5 French pigtail catheter was used to perform abdominal aortogram and mesenteric angiogram. Patient remained hemodynamically stable and tolerated procedure well. Patient was stable without any discomfort at the procedure.

I attest that moderate conscious sedation was provided under my direct supervision with the sedation trained nurse using 1 mg of intravenous Versed and 50 mcg of fentanyl to sedate the patient. Start time 7:30 AM and end time was 7:42 AM. There were no complications. See nurse's sedation sheet, for complete pre-and post service details.

ABDOMINAL AORTOGRAM
Abdominal aorta was patent without aneurysm or dilatation. Celiac trunk and SMA appears patent.

Left subclavian artery angiogram

There is no evidence of stenosis or plaque buildup in left subclavian artery. No evidence of fibromuscular dysplasia.

IMPRESSION
1. Normal subclavian artery and mesenteric vessels.
thanks in advance
i think i am going with 36215 . physician code as 36225 but i dont think there is enough document to support 36225
pl advise

I would use the 36215 with 75710 for the subclavian angiogram and 75625 for the abd aortogram. His documentation is slim on both of these and it really is effy in chosing to code the 36215 since he does not state where he advanced the catheter to. He really should state that it was placed in the subclavian and not that it was advanced. Advanced to where?