Wiki Need help with surgery coding

gtulman

Best answers
Hello everyone!

New to obgyn and having trouble coding this. Dr. performed Tatoal abdominal hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo oophorectomy. He also did a procedure called McCall's culdplasty. I have no idea how to code this without it being bundled. Any advice would really be appreciated!

One of my docs often does a Culdoplasty as well. He normally does an intraperitoneal approach with a LAVH which typically codes as 57283. I would read the op note carefully and check out code 57280 since the hysterectomy is an open procedure. The hyst should code as 58150.

Hope this helps.

I used 57270 just because he did it as an abdominal approach. I used two modifiers on it. 59 and 51. Not sure how that will go. What do you think?

You shouldn't need the 59 modifier for 57270 and 58150. There are times when I have coded the culdoplasty as enterocele repair as well as long as the doctor discusses the enterocele. It all just depends on the op note and what the doctor describes.

Diane

I am having trouble finding an appropriate code for Uterine extension repair following a c section any ideas??