Wiki Need input, please!!

mhstrauss

True Blue
Best answers
Hi, I was hoping to get some opinions of a good pocket E/M tool. I've found several (from emuniversity, AAN), but the docs didn't care for them...honestly, neither have I. I just came across something online from PMIC, the E/M Coding Wheel, but there isn't much info about it and it's hard to see in the pic they posted; has anyone used this? I also see there's one created by Stephanie Cecchini, who is a speaker at many of the live and webinar events with AAPC, but I haven't been able to find where to get it.

Any input is much appreciated!! :D

Hi, I was hoping to get some opinions of a good pocket E/M tool. I've found several (from emuniversity, AAN), but the docs didn't care for them...honestly, neither have I. I just came across something online from PMIC, the E/M Coding Wheel, but there isn't much info about it and it's hard to see in the pic they posted; has anyone used this? I also see there's one created by Stephanie Cecchini, who is a speaker at many of the live and webinar events with AAPC, but I haven't been able to find where to get it.

Any input is much appreciated!! :D

I made one that some people like (some people think it's too 'busy', though). If you'd like, I can cut it down by taking out some of the codes you wouldn't use (Inpatient, SNF, etc.) - I actually made it for people to use when learning E/M for the CPT test. (I posted it in this thread: https://www.aapc.com/memberarea/forums/showthread.php?t=63722&highlight=reference)

Trailblazer also has one here: http://www.trailblazerhealth.com/Publications/Job Aid/coding pocket reference.pdf
Although "pocket" reference is a bit of a misnomer, since it's 4 pages...Hope that helps!

Thanks Brandi! I actually have both of those downloaded; I really like them, but the docs want something they can literally put in their pocket. I found what seems to be a really good one, on innovisionnetworks.com. We ordered a few to try out, so I'll post our opinion once we receive and start using them.