Wiki Need Some Guidance

Best answers
I have a physician that bills 96374 INJ IV PUSH for Furosemide but also wants to bill 96365 IV INF INITIAL because it is a slow push and the time involved. Everywhere I have researched states the two codes for the same purpose can not be billed together. Can anyone confirm? Also, is there a time measurement that that needs to be met for either code. I was also informed that a 96365 can be billed in place of 96374 as long as time documented was 31 minutes or more and that there must a documented start and stop time. Can anyone confirm this? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited:
96374 is for a therapeutic drug injected into a port or intravenously over less than 16 minutes. 96365 is for a therapeutic drug injected into a port or intravenously lasting over 16 minutes. If the infusion is subcutaneous instead of intravenous use 96372 for less than 16 minutes and 96369 for an infusion 16 minutes or over. You cannot bill 96374 with 96365 unless the patient receives the medication at two separate sites on the body and meets the time requirements for billing that service.