Wiki need your help.....

mandyfelton

Best answers
Hi,

I'm working on a Code A Round-Family Practice-Round 1-Note 2 and I am having such a hard time coming up with the ICD-9 code(s) for the senario. Can someone guide me in the right code range, There could be more than one ICD-9 code but I don't think so. Any help is much appreciated.

Mandy

CHIEF COMPLAINT: Mouth injury.
HISTORY OF PRESENT ILLNESS: Joshua, age 11 months, here with mother is being seen on an emergent basis. One hour ago, he fell on a baby walker. Mother noticed a lot of bleeding from the mouth and called and was told to come right in. No loss of consciousness or other injury noted.
ALLERGIES: None known.
MEDICATIONS: None.
EXAMINATION: GENERAL APPEARANCE: Looks well, alert and responsive. Weight: 22 pounds 6 ounces. T: 98.1F. SKIN: Swelling of the upper lip, especially on the left side. Laceration of frenulum with small amount of acute bleeding. HEENT: Teeth do not feel loose. No tenderness to palpation.
IMPRESSION: Laceration of frenulum.
PLAN: Reassured mother that this does not need any special treatment. Recommended soft bland diet for few days while it heals. Recheck p.r.n.

Sadyelyn89

Thanks for replying, I tried your codes but they were incorrect. I did try E888.9 as well, and 920.0, 01, 09, I will keep trying the ranges though :0)

Thanks again.....
Mandy:)

Cpc

I believe the correct ICD-9 code for frenulum laceration would be 873.62, you should be able to use the E code also, but it would just need to be reported secondary.
Good Luck!
Vicki M

Vantassel1

You GOT IT!!!! 959.09 is correct (959.09 Injury of face and neck)
no E code.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO TRIED, MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Mandy :D

Family Practice round 1

laceration of frenulum 873.64, but need the E&M Code which I can't figure out, at this time