Wiki Needing codding assistance

TYSON1234

Guru
Best answers
My provider did an extraction of products of conception in the office (with forceps). I can not find a code for this. Do I bill for an office visit or is there a code for this?

Thank you.

My provider did an extraction of products of conception in the office (with forceps). I can not find a code for this. Do I bill for an office visit or is there a code for this?

Thank you.
Can you send a description of the procedure and the circumstance - age of pregnancy, etc.?

It was extraction of products of conception using forceps. Patient had miscarried less than 12 weeks.
Then this was a mechanical, not surgical treatment of an incomplete spontaneous abortion. You would normally be looking at 59812, but this code also describes a full surgical removal which is not the case here, and since this code also carries a high relative value, in my opinion, a modifier -52 on this code would not be appropriate as the only forceps were used and no scraping was done. I would choose between the unlisted code 59899 and compare the work to 58100 (with 3.07 RVUs in the office setting), or an E/M service based on total time to accomplish this.