Wiki Needing help coding

staps7981

Best answers
My manager and I are having a problem finding the correct code or codes for this diagnosis. We thought it was 786.30 and 446.4 but we were told this morning that the patient was not diagnosed with Wegeners Syndrome. So 446.4 would not be correct. This is all the information that we have recieved on this. Thank you ahead of time.

ANCA positive alveolar hemorrhage
1. Chronic
2. Spontaneous
3. Severe
4. With complication
5. Non-infectious

indicated that the patient was Male and was NOT diagnosed with Wegeners Syndrome.

This is a tough one! The note does not say coughing up blood or blood in sputum so I would not use 786.30. Maybe 747.39. "Chronic", "Severe", "With complications".... What type of complications? My understanding of "Anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody" is that these attack and can destroy venous tissue, but there is not enough detail here to go with a vasculitis code. Hope this helps in some way. :)

Last edited:
My manager and I are having a problem finding the correct code or codes for this diagnosis. We thought it was 786.30 and 446.4 but we were told this morning that the patient was not diagnosed with Wegeners Syndrome. So 446.4 would not be correct. This is all the information that we have recieved on this. Thank you ahead of time.

ANCA positive alveolar hemorrhage
1. Chronic
2. Spontaneous
3. Severe
4. With complication
5. Non-infectious

indicated that the patient was Male and was NOT diagnosed with Wegeners Syndrome.

can you provide the physicians note for this to help put it into context.