Wiki Needs assistance pls.

veloso

Expert
Best answers
Hi,
I'm not quite understanding if vaccuum delivery and forceps delivery can be billed together and what are the ICD-10-PCS CODES?

Thank you,
IM

Last edited:
Vaccuum extraction codes

My first hunt was for a vacuum extraction code through C-section incision. None found so using the indication - malposition. Then I went on the hunt for vacuum extraction vaginally and again no luck. O66.5 is attempted (meaning failed). If you google the WHO's list of I 10 codes of course they have one O81.4 Vacuum extractor delivery but that is NOT a choice in our book. Do we already need an update????
Carol J. Self, CPPM, CPC, EMT

My first hunt was for a vacuum extraction code through C-section incision. None found so using the indication - malposition. Then I went on the hunt for vacuum extraction vaginally and again no luck. O66.5 is attempted (meaning failed). If you google the WHO's list of I 10 codes of course they have one O81.4 Vacuum extractor delivery but that is NOT a choice in our book. Do we already need an update????
Carol J. Self, CPPM, CPC, EMT

ICD-10 and ICD-10 CM are different code sets. The U.S. Is using ICD-10 CM. if the delivery required assistance then the provider needs to document the complication that necessitated the assistance.