Wiki Nephrostomy coding

Best answers
Not sure what to code this. Patient has an existing access and a nephrostogram was performed - access wan't where physician wanted it so a new lower pole calx was identified and was accessed. Nephrostomy tract dilatation for subsequent nephrolithotomy by another physician. Fluoro guided removal of existing nephrostomy tube and placement of a new 24 French nephroureteral stent was done.

Nephrostomy coding is not my best area of coding and I really use some help in coding this.

Thanks,

Not sure what to code this. Patient has an existing access and a nephrostogram was performed - access wan't where physician wanted it so a new lower pole calx was identified and was accessed. Nephrostomy tract dilatation for subsequent nephrolithotomy by another physician. Fluoro guided removal of existing nephrostomy tube and placement of a new 24 French nephroureteral stent was done.

Nephrostomy coding is not my best area of coding and I really use some help in coding this.

Thanks,

You code 50395 - Intro guide with dilation to establish nephrostomy tract for endourological procedure.
HTH,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC