Nerve Conduction Denial

Best answers
Hello all,

I am fairly new to Neuro coding and I am having a problem getting Humana to pay a claim for Nerve Conduction using code 95913. The denial stated that the unit of value exceeds the number of tests allowed, per the patient's policy. When I spoke with Humana, the rep did not seem to have any more information than I do at this point. It was billed as 95913, 1 unit. Any insight as to what direction I should be heading with this? :confused:

Hello all,

I am fairly new to Neuro coding and I am having a problem getting Humana to pay a claim for Nerve Conduction using code 95913. The denial stated that the unit of value exceeds the number of tests allowed, per the patient's policy. When I spoke with Humana, the rep did not seem to have any more information than I do at this point. It was billed as 95913, 1 unit. Any insight as to what direction I should be heading with this? :confused:

I would check the actual test and make sure that the physician actually did 13 or more studies...I usually only see 95911which is 9-11 studies...what was the denial code on the claim?