Wiki Networking question

Stacielynne

Best answers
Hello,

I am new to AAPC and currently working on the CPC certification program. What are some good ways to network in the medical coding world? Do chapters have meetings or other networking opportunities? What have you found most helpful in finding a job?

I have experience in the healthcare field in different clinical roles, but not really any connections to admin/billing departments and just wonder how others have transitioned from the clinical to the admin. side of things.

Thanks in advance!

Local chapters have both virtual and in person meetings. In Massachusetts the Hyannis chapter is usually pretty active. You can update your AAPC profile to receive notifications from the chapters you are interested it. You can also reach out to the officers in your local chapter and ask what they have for networking opportunities.

Facebook has many great coding/billing groups. AAPC has one as well, but there are a ton that have been a great resource for me.
Yes, these are all good resources. I have not been too active in the forums or groups as after work I tend to just let my mind go blank. But when I would log in to them the activity was always positive and supportive. Even when the chapter meetings were still being held in person.

Yes, these are all good resources. I have not been too active in the forums or groups as after work I tend to just let my mind go blank. But when I would log in to them the activity was always positive and supportive. Even when the chapter meetings were still being held in person.
Do you have any recommendations? I joined the AAPC members group, but would like to find some active non-public groups.

Hello,

I am new to AAPC and currently working on the CPC certification program. What are some good ways to network in the medical coding world? Do chapters have meetings or other networking opportunities? What have you found most helpful in finding a job?

I have experience in the healthcare field in different clinical roles, but not really any connections to admin/billing departments and just wonder how others have transitioned from the clinical to the admin. side of things.

Thanks in advance!
Being present with your local chapter and connecting to others on LinkedIn are big factors in the industry.