Wiki Neuropsych Testing

pegjoh5746

Networker
Best answers
My provider is seeing patients for testing on one date of service 96132/96133/96138/96139. A few weeks later the patient sometimes needs to come back in with family to discuss the results. He wants to bill 96133 for the subsequent visit, however this hits an edit for missing primary CPT. Is anyone having luck getting 96133 paid for a subsequent visit? Or have you had any luck changing it to 96132?

If he wants to bill 96133 for the later visit, he should hold off on billing the 96132/96133 until that visit is complete. He can go ahead and bill the 96138/96139 on the initial date.

I agree, per CPT it states to report the total time at the completion of the entire episode of evaluation, which would include the feedback visit, with the entire time using the DOS of the feedback day. This will prevent the edit since you will be billing the base code and add on code with the same dos

I agree, per CPT it states to report the total time at the completion of the entire episode of evaluation, which would include the feedback visit, with the entire time using the DOS of the feedback day. This will prevent the edit since you will be billing the base code and add on code with the same dos
can you please explain this a bit more? thank you!