Wiki Neuropsych Testing

ecurtis

New
Best answers
Neuropsych testing is new to our practice as well as to me. It is done by a PhD. I have a patient who was seen for 3 total visits with him. The first was to eval (50min), the second was to test (40min), the third was to review the results (30min). I've read through older forums and through the CPT guidelines, but I'm still not 100% sure how to code. Would I code 96130 for the first visit, then combine the second and third and send 96136 and 96137? Or would I put all 3 on one claim for the last visit? The provider coded 90471 for the first, 90834 for the second, and 90832 for the third, which I don't believe are correct. Thank you for any and all help!

All three must be billed on or after the last visit with each individual service date as a series. The guidelines indicate they must be billed when the evaluation is complete.
First DOS 96130 and 96131 for second DOS. Lastly the 30 mins review with patient plus the time it took ti write the report and scoring should be billed as 96136 and 96137 if needed.