Wiki Neurosurgery/closed Treatment Vert Fx

KRISTILEFT

Best answers
One of my docs is questioning me about closed treatment. He says it doesn't make sense to him that we can bill this and it makes even less sense that there are 90 days global for this code (22310). The way I was taught and have always understood it was if the doctor sees a patient and prescribes a collar or TLSO you can charge the closed treatment with the office visit. However, I understand where he is coming from that this codes seems to be a lot of reimbursement for very little service rendered. I can not find any more detailed information on this code. There are no vignettes in the CPT Assistant, etc. Any advice on where I can find a clearer interpretation of this code? :confused:

Tx for vertebral fx code 22310

I have a neurosurgeon that also bills for this procedure but he does follow-up every two weeks with the patient for the next few months depending on the patients condition and improvement. I'm not sure why the surgeon would not follow-up with the patient. My question on this code is what are the documentation guidelines. Like you, I am unable to find any additional information regarding this procedure.