Wiki Neurosurgery Education ?

DianaM86

New
Best answers
I am looking for any educational oppurtunities out there (websites, books, seminars, etc.) that could help me.

I was sorta thrown into Neurosurgery Coding at the last minute with no proper training. I do not feel confident and would like some education, however, I am having a hard time finding it. Please if anyone can quide me into the right direction on 2013 Neurosurgery coding, it would be most appreciated.

I am looking for any educational oppurtunities out there (websites, books, seminars, etc.) that could help me.

I was sorta thrown into Neurosurgery Coding at the last minute with no proper training. I do not feel confident and would like some education, however, I am having a hard time finding it. Please if anyone can quide me into the right direction on 2013 Neurosurgery coding, it would be most appreciated.

The link below provides free webinars. Some provide free CEU's. Good luck to you~

http://www.medtronic.com/for-health...es/reimbursement/spine-academy/index.htm#tab2

I agree with Rebecca, Medtronic is a great resource. I also like Karen Zupko's site; they have archived questions on different coding scenarios that you can search through, and also receive monthly updates via email:

www.karenzupko.com

If your office doesn't already have the Neurology/Neurosurgery Coding Companion by Ingenix, I highly recommend it.

www.neurosurgical.com ...doesn't have coding info, but has good explanations of anatomy and procedures/diagnostic tests that are common in Neurosurgery.

Hope these help!

I go to the AANS seminar. It is given by Karen Zupko & Associates and it is very informative. The vendors do not necessarily give us correct coding information regarding billing for their new devices so I find this seminar very helpful. They give updates each year on the new codes as well as new technology from a coding perspective.