Wiki New at Cardiology Coding

nugen68

Contributor
Best answers
Good Morning I have worked as a coder/biller for over 20 years and recently changed jobs. I am looking for tips/information on Cardiology Coding. My big problem area seems to be Peripheral Vascular Procedures any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Happy New Year

New at Cardiology

Good Morning

ZHealth and MedLearn are great resources to obtain Peripheral Vascular coding education. Both have great charts as references also. It’s important to understand the separate territories in the guidelines on page 248 in the 2016 AMA CPT manual.

Happy New Year

Kimberly Jolivette Williams, CPC, CPMA, CPC-I, CCC
ICD-10 Proficient
Texas Health MedSynergies, LLC
Specialty (Cardiology, Vascular/Cardiovascular, & Electrophysiology) Coder
9229 Lyndon B Johnson Freeway
Dallas, TX 75243
(O) 214-860-6264
(F) 214-575-5652

The Essence of Destiny
Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny!

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. This information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. If you are the intended recipient, further disclosures are prohibited without proper authorization. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden and possibly a violation of federal or state law and regulations. Texas Health MedSynergies, LLC, its subsidiaries, and affiliates hereby claim all applicable privileges related to this information.

I agree with, Kimberly, concerning web sites. Peripheral coding was new to me a year ago. I will be following this thread. I believe with support from our Colleagues we will be better coders. Please reach out to me for any help I can offer.

I will be brushing up on my Peripheral coding by seeking my CCC this year.

Sincerely,
Lisa Batts, CPC, CMBS

Last edited:
I recommend Zhealth coding workshops and coding reference books. I found, when I first started peripheral (PV) coding, the coding books a little advance until I had some PV coding education from a coder mentor then they became a yearly must buy. If your employer will send you a work shop, even if only the 2 days they cover peripheral coding, it is well worth the money to capture PV coding correctly. Zhealth often includes a copy of one of their books with their coding workshops.

IF you can't go, at least get the book and ask for help on the forum or get a peripheral coding mentor.

sincerely,
Margaret Morgan, CPC, CIRCC