nancynegron

Best answers
Hi!

I am a makeup artist and a mom of a smart, vibrant boy. In the search for a better life for my son, I started a medical records certificate. I am three classes away from completing my Medical Records Certificate. I have to admit that now that I can see the end of this journey I am incredibly anxious about how to enter the industry and start a stable job that helps me provide for my son and me. I plan to get my CPC immediately after finishing my certificate. I have no experience in this field, and I will appreciate any advice on what to do to accomplish my goals. Ultimately, I will love to be a medical coder and be able to work remotely, giving me some flexibility to take care of my son and being able to support him. Please help!!

My point of view

Hey,

That is so great what you are doing for you and your son. I have been coding for 2 1/2 years and it is very trying at times. That want people with a lot of experience and a lot of experience coding different things. It is very hard when you first start out. You may have to take a lesser pay job just to gain experience. Learn how to sell yourself in interviews. But with any career, there will be challenging times. Also, Networking will be your best asset with this. Stay connected with people. Have someone look over your resume. Good luck!