Recent graduate of Carrington College seeking entry-level position in medical billing and coding. Accustomed to using the ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS manuals. Consistently made the Dean’s List during curriculum, and completed a 180-hour externship with Marana Health Center, applying knowledge of medical coding, billing, and follow-up procedures.
• Notary Public for Arizona
• CPR Certified
• Medical Coder Certification in Progress (Registered for CPC Exam in August 2016)
• Carrington College, Medical Billing and Coding, 2016
• Bachelor of Arts in History, Minor in English Literature, University of Texas at San Antonio
• Microsoft Word
May 2016-June 2016: Student Extern with Marana Health Center
• Assisted experienced coders and billers
• Applied knowlwdge of ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS codes
• Learned the process of submitting claims to medical insurance companies
March 2012-December 2014: Administrative Assistant
Law Office of Lawrence W. Hanson, P.C.:
• Created and maintained client files
• Drafted retainer letters
• Registered attorneys for conferences, and made related travel arrangements
• Managed and maintained reference materials
• Prepared notebooks for seminars
April 2008-March 2012: Receptionist
Benson Comstock, L.L.P.:
• Signed documents as a notary public
• Proofread documents
• Managed day-to-day schedule for conference rooms
• Created and maintained files for guardianships and estate planning
• Researched health insurance options
• Walk to End Alzheimer’s – Community event hosted by the Alzheimer’s Association.
• Pima Animal Care Center – Socializing cats and assisting potential adopters.
Available to start immediately.