Wiki new coder needs ICD9

ggparker14

True Blue
Best answers
Looking for a code for elevated serum creatinine? I've been told to 790.5 and 790.6.

I need to know the accurate code if anyone can help.

Thanks for any help.

Actually there is no specific Code for the condition apart from the codes you have mentioned , you can also take 796.4
Hope this helps

Good Luck

In my opinion it's 790.5, “Other nonspecific abnormal serum enzyme levels.” This is difficult to locate in the ICD-9 manual because it is not listed by name in the index. Rather, it appears under the heading “Findings, abnormal, without diagnosis,” and then under the term “enzymes, serum not elsewhere classified.”

In my opinion it's 790.5, “Other nonspecific abnormal serum enzyme levels.” This is difficult to locate in the ICD-9 manual because it is not listed by name in the index. Rather, it appears under the heading “Findings, abnormal, without diagnosis,” and then under the term “enzymes, serum not elsewhere classified.”

Creatinine is not an enzyme, it is a by-product generated by muscle metabolism - the breakdown product of creatine which is an amino acid.

Are you referring to CPK, creatine phosphokinase, an enzyme found in heart, brain and skeletal muscle?