Wiki New Coder with 14 years Medical Experience!

Best answers
Hello! I am a new coder with many years in the medical field. I am seeking a position as a remote medical coder. Please see my cover letter and resume below. Thank you for your consideration!

To Whom It May Concern,

I am seeking a career as a Remote Medical Coder for your company. I have over 14 years’ experience in the medical field working hand in hand with physicians to provide care to patients in both the pre-hospital and hospital setting.
I was introduced to the field of coding and billing a few years ago while I was on maternity light duty working for the fire department. During this time, I compiled all documentation for Medicare and Medicaid audits and assisted in gathering information and organizing data. I really enjoyed the challenge and felt so much satisfaction when the audit cleared with no problems found. I realized that I have a knack for detail and that eventually I would change careers to medical coding. Since that time I have been a flight paramedic on a helicopter providing pre-hospital care and transporting critically ill patients from one hospital to another. I really enjoy what I do but was always curious about coding so I volunteered to be on the patient chart auditing team. I would review charts before they were sent to the coding department to verify that all the information was accurately documented so the chart could be coded and then billed correctly. During this time I decided to get my coding certification because I felt it was time to officially change career paths and pursue a passion I have for coding.
I am confident that I am the ideal candidate for your company. If given the opportunity, I will prove that I am a dedicated and driven employee who learns quickly and strives for absolute excellence. I look forward to hearing from you and thank you so much for your time and consideration.

Best,
Charity Piazza
804-397-1994

Charity L. Piazza
804-397-1994
charitypiazza30@gmail.com
Education (Past to Present)
Firefighter Academy Chesterfield, VA 2003-2004
Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic
J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College, Richmond VA
2007-2007
Emergency Medical Technician-Intermediate
J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College, Richmond VA
2005-2007
Bachelor in Biology/ Minor in Pre-Medicine
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond VA
May 2009-Present
AAPC Medical Coding Online Education Course 2016
Professional Experience
2014-Current Flight Paramedic PHI Air Evac Arizona
Performs paramedic duties on immediate flight transports, working closely with Physicians to provide lifesaving care to critically ill patients. Audits medical charts to verify accuracy to meet company expectations and for ICD-10 coding clarification with our Quality Control process.
2008-2012 Paramedic Emergency Department (Part-time) VCUHS Richmond, VA
Assist Emergency Room staff with patient care performing paramedic scope of practice.
2003-2013 Firefighter/Paramedic Chesterfield Fire/EMS Chesterfield, VA
Perform firefighting operations and patient care to include community
outreach for fire prevention. Worked for 9 months in the billing department when I was on maternity light duty
2002-2003 Lifeguard, Lorriella Pool YMCA Spotsylvania, VA
Perform lifeguard responsibilities
Certifications and Specialized Qualifications
ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support)
FPC (Flight Paramedic Certification)
NREMTP (National Registered Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic)
PHTLS (Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support)
NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Provider)
CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation)
PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support)
CPC-A (Certified Professional Coder) off apprentice status in May of 2017
References
Robin VanDerLoo- Flight Nurse PHI Air Evac 480-268-5320
Rachelle Kittle- ER Nurse Mountain Vista Hospital 480-326-7780
Julie Keiser- Flight Nurse and Pediatric Urgent Care Nurse 303-912-0448