Wiki New CPC-A Seeking Employment

Best answers
To Whom It May Concern:

I recently completed AAPC's Live CPC Preparation Course on December 12, 2020 and sat for/passed my certification exam on December 19, 2020. Even though, I am currently working on AAPC's Practicode to remove my -A, I am very eager to start my new career path.

As a result I am open to any roles in Massachusetts within reasonable commuting distance from my home or any remote roles allowing me to work from my in-home office. Personally, I am looking for a role where I will be able to utilize my new set of coding skill as well as an employer who will help me continually expand this knowledge to ensure accurate coding.

While all of my coding experience is in the classroom setting, I am confident that my strong work ethic, resourcefulness and past management experience combined with my new knowledge of coding makes me an excellent candidate.

Sincerely,
Breanna Hart, CPC-A

Attachments

• Breanna Hart Resume.pdf
    77.7 KB · Views: 54
Hi,
Any luck? I'm in the same boat in Illinois
Absolutely no luck. I spend several hours a day looking at job postings and applying. I've lost count on how many job postings I have seen that state "CPC Certification required or the ability to be certified within 1 year of hire" and the very next line is "Minimum 2+ years coding experience".

At this point, even if it says 'minimum x years experience required' I am still applying hoping that someone takes a chance on me.

Absolutely apply for anything that appeals to you even if you don't have the experience. My first coding job required 3 years experience preferably in cardiology, and CCS-P certification. I had no coding experience at all, and held the CCA certification. I got the job. I asked for low pay just in case they wanted me because I wanted to get my foot in the door; once hired and they saw my ability and I got pay raises almost immediately.
Don't be afraid to apply for something you may not have the experience for. You have nothing to lose.
Good luck.