Wiki New PA being supervised by another seasoned PA

Best answers
I hope I'm able to explain this well. My question is about signatures. If a new PA examines a patient and dictates the note, but the visit was supervised by the seasoned PA, the new PA needs to sign the note in order to bill under their name, correct? For example:

Seen by "New PA" under supervision by:

Signed by "Seasoned PA", time and date stamped by "seasoned PA" only.

Am I off base to think that the "new PA" needs to sign and date stamp as well, if it is to be billed under their name?

I don't believe it's in the scope of a PA's practice to supervise another PA. Most state laws require all PAs to have a supervision agreement in place with a physician and I don't think that can be delegated to another PA. In this situation, the seasoned PA is most likely not really formally supervising, but acting as a mentor to the new PA.

I'd agree with you that the PA who is performing and documenting the work is the one who should be signing the note and billing the services. The 'supervising' PA does not need to sign anything unless they are performing and documenting part of the work of treating the patient as well.