Wiki New Physician billing

valerief07

Best answers
I work in an Orthopeadic office where we just hired a new physician. I have already started the credentialing process with the many diffrent insurance companies. The other physicians in the practice are egar for him to start seeing patients. I have already received information from a few insurances that now that the credentialing process has begun he can begin seeing patients and we will be able to bill once his credentialing is complete.

Question is there any circumstances that we can bill the new physician before he is credentialed? Can another physician also see the same patient with him and then sign off on the notes to be billed under them? Can he be billed "incident to"?

I would appreciate any help or advice that you could give. Stress level running on overload with this.:eek:

We do not bill prior to credentialling, nor do we bill incident-to. Your new provider can see patients, but you're unable to submit claims until the credentialling process is complete. Some payers (like Medicare) will allow you to hold claims and bill retrospectively, but it depends on the payer.